Future Forum is now accepting applications for the 2022 Young Researchers Program (July to December Cohort).
This program is a six-month, part-time policy research training and coaching program. It is open to Cambodians between the ages of 20 and 30 either pursuing higher education or working as young professionals. The program is ideally suited for those who are passionate about independent, evidence research and public policy analysis. The program will deliver a cycle of premium training and capacity development on areas including public policy analysis, academic and creative writing, ideation, and research methods, both qualitative and quantitative.
Following the conclusion of the six-month training cycle, young research fellows will produce an individual research proposal for consideration under the Future Forum research grant allocation or scholarship funded further-study.
- Participation in a kick-off public policy retreat for three days in person – all expenses, including travel expenses, meals and accommodation, will be provided;
- Attendance in hybrid full-day training and discussion activities every Saturday between July and December;
- Participation in three daily-reflection sessions online;
- Satisfactorily completion of required reflections and assignments;
- Development of an independent research project based on your area of interests (written in English).
Benefits of fellowship:
- Research and policy analysis trainings, mentorship and other editorial support.
- Membership access to The Hub (Future Forum's community working space, library, and data centre).
- Access to Future Forum's community of researchers and events.
- Research grant opportunity.
- Opportunity to publish independent work through a variety of Future Forum publication avenues.
- Certificate of completion.
- A year-four student or graduate (Have a Bachelor's degree) in Public Administration, Political Science, Public Policy Development Studies, Education, International Relations, Law, Economics, or other related social science fields, and/or young professionals;
- A strong interest in policy research; a research background in qualitative and quantitative methods is a bonus;
- Proficiency in English (advanced writing, reading, and speaking skills);
- High commitment to complete six-month training cycle, and conduct independent research project with Future Forum within the fellowship period;
- Only candidates aged between 20-30 years old will be considered. Women are encouraged to apply.
- This is a rolling application process; candidates are strongly encouraged to apply early. We will process recruiting potential applicants until available slots are filled.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview. Upon acceptance, successfully selected applicants are expected to sign a mutual contract with Future Forum and to commence the program from July 2022.
*** Deadline: May 23, 2022
*** Apply Here: https://bit.ly/36qwMpY
For more details please visit: https://www.futureforum.asia/programs/yrp/
Inquiry to: email@example.com / (+855) 10 603 188 / 61 793 337
This program has been funded by SIDA (Embassy of Sweden in Phnom Penh, Cambodia), the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Australian Embassy, Cambodia) through The Asia Foundation’s Ponlok Chomnes: Data and Dialogue for Development in Cambodia, and Open Society Foundations (OSF).